Smart Choice has a special opportunity for Nationwide Agents that provides access and support to a diverse group of competitive Commercial Lines markets. These markets are available immediately, and will enable Nationwide agencies to expand their access to quality, top-rated Commercial markets, receive higher commissions and bonuses, and gain training and support services from Smart Choice representatives. Nationwide Insurance Agents were recently given a letter of authority from Nationwide to begin working with independent Commercial Lines carriers and managing agent programs like Smart Choice in order to access additional commercial products and services.
Smart Choice is the fastest growing agency network in the country, with an agency base writing over $3 billion in premium, collectively. Through our program, Nationwide agents will receive the same great benefits including:
- Access to top-rated, competitive Commercial Carriers
- No startup or monthly fees
- Ownership of 100% of your book of business
- Ability to earn 100% commissions
- No restrictions on adding non-Smart Choice carrier appointments
- Direct access to carrier support and underwriting
- Fast quoting through our Smart Start Commercial Program
- Bonus and Contingency sharing opportunities
How Does it Work?
Smart Choice shares a commission split with the agent, up to a certain level each year. When this level of commission has been reached, the agent receives 100% of commissions above that level. Smart Choice does not own an equity position in your agency—you own 100% of the agency and your book – nor does Smart Choice limit your ability to add direct appointments obtained through other carriers!
Two Ways to Access Commercial Markets through us
Smart Choice gives you two ways to access Commercial markets through their program.
- Subcode appointments: To gain direct company sub-code access agents will need to commit to production and flow requirements and will have:
- Lower production requirements through Smart Choice® (varies by carrier)
- We provide Commercial Lines business plan assistance
- Provide Commercial Lines marketing /business plan assistance
- Dedicated Commercial Lines staff
- Commercial Lines lead sources
- Proven Commercial Lines track record
- Smart Start is an online platform that allows agents access to commercial lines carriers in a user-friendly way, without needing an appointment. With Smart Start, agents simply use the easy-to-navigate carrier preference guide to determine the proper underwriting market, fill out and submit a prospect opportunity form to Smart Choice®, who processes and submits the form to our carriers’ in-house sales centers. The work is done for you!
Carrier access includes CNA, Grange, Liberty Mutual, Travelers, MetLife, Starr Companies, The Hartford, Foremost, Allied, The MainStreet America Group, and more!
Are you currently a Smart Choice agent taking advantage of our Commercial lines program? Let us know in the comment below!